Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Way too long...

It has been almost a month since I last updated, booooo me. Last time I wrote, it was 2 days after Billy left. I CAN NOT believe he has been gone that long...I sure do miss him a lot. Let's see...where do I even begin??
Halen and I made it back to Iowa safely and it has been wonderful so far. The first weekend, we went to Jordan's wedding shower in DSM. It was great because, I suprised her with a wonderful gift, Amanda! It was so fun, she had no idea that she was coming :) My first big secret that I have EVER kept.

This past weekend, my big brother got married! I am so happy for him. Abby is amazing and they are so perfect together. You can just feel their love for each other. It is a pretty awesome thing. The wedding was so much fun. It was outside at a castle. Gorgeous! I loved having our whole family together. Those are my favorite times, when we are all together. Kimber was the flower girl and she did it! We weren't sure if she would actually walk down the aisle, but she did! She was throwing the flowers out as she walked and when she got to the end of the aisle, she realized she had a lot of flowers left over, so she just turned her basket over and dumped them all out. She makes me laugh.


Last night, Halen and I went and stayed with my sister in Omaha. We went to the Omaha Children's Museum. Halen and Nora (little girl Jord nannies) had lots of fun together. I don't think she quite knows what to think about him. He LOVES her, but when ever he grabs at her, she looks at him like "why are you touching me?"  Hahaha Then we went to Dave and Buster's and I loved it! We were like two little kids running around playing all the games. By the way, I beat my sister at everything. I can't wait to bring Billy there, he will love it too!

Halen is 9 months old! He turned 9 months on Mother's Day! It was a great day! The night before, I got to talk to Billy. I hadn't been expecting to talk to him, so it was an amazing suprise. He is doing good, exhausted but good. He says the hardest part of this all is just being away from us. And as long as he knows we are ok, then he is ok. I miss him a lot...so stinkin much. Everyday that passes, we are one day closer to being together again.

I can't believe how much Halen has grown in the last month. I feel like he is huge now :) He has chubby legs, and big belly. I love it!! He has been eating so good lately that I think he is finally putting on weight. He loves him some baby food, doesn't really matter what kind it is, he will eat it. He tried meat for the first time tonight, turkey, and he liked it. He loves Ritz crackers. And cheese. It is so fun figuring out what he likes and doesn't like. I haven't really come across any food that he doesn't like yet. He used to really only eat veggies, but he loves fruit now too.

Here are some fun new things Halen has learned (or is working on):
*Crawling!!
*He says Mama all the time now! If I walk by him while he is playing he will say it, or when he wants to be picked up! It is the cutest thing!!
*Waving bye-bye
* Giving high fives
*Kisses


He is such an amazing little boy. He is just the happiest little guy. If someone smiles at him, I would say that 95% of the time, he will smile back. He also laughs so much now. I can't believe that God chose us to be his parents. We are so blessed. My little family is my whole world. I feel so lucky to have such an amazing husband and baby boy. I love the life I live.

1 comment:

  1. This was wonderful to read, Love you all, Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete